Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Can YOU Feel The Excitement?

Mike Hosey, Elder


CLICK PLAY TO LISTEN
Podcast Powered By Podbean
I have had a number of words bouncing around in my head for the past week.  Words like, passion, fervor, enthusiasm, excitement, eagerness and spirit.

And the reason these words are bouncing around in my head like they are is because I'm seeing evidence of these words in action at Fellowship Church in so many of the places where I look.

In fact, last Sunday I was speaking with my fellow elders, Jeff Powell, and Nelson Plasencia about these very things. Both had noticed the same energy I had. Nelson even commented that he hadn't seen such energy in a while.

Is this a supernatural thing? Well, I am inclined to think it is.  John 3:8 tells us that when the Holy Spirit is working inside of born again followers of Jesus, it is like the wind. We don't know where its coming from or where it's going, but when its around, we can sure hear it.

Recently in one of our elder / staff meetings we were discussing how we could position Fellowship Church in such a way that God can readily use her for the advancement of his kingdom. At that time it was suggested that we intentionally encourage our members to be involved in community events around the area, and to represent us.

Do you know that before we announced this strategy, Ray and Julie Van Mersbergen came to us with a plan to involve Fellowship Church in High Springs' annual Pioneer Days?! How awesome is that?

But just consider the things that have been going on. We've had prayer groups start up. We are forming a Children's Ministry Dream Team. We  have a brand new Men's Ministry that is full of excitement. Vacation Bible School planning is well on its way to success. We've got four Sunday School classes running with faithful attendees.

I have heard reports of people giving up nicotine and alcohol. And I've heard of others coming to terms with ancient, long-held angers, and giving them over to God!

Amazing things are happening. Whatever you do, get on board and don't miss these waves of excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment